Total Calories: 974
Yield: 9 inch pie
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Roll out the pie crust and drape it into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan and flute the edges.
2. Clean the leeks and finely chop the white and tender green parts. (This should yield about 4 1/2 cups chopped.)
3. Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks and saute for 10 to15 minutes or until tender and reduced in volume by about half.
4. Place the tofu, thyme, salt, and cayenne in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Add to the leeks and mix well.
5. Spoon the tofu-leek filling into the pie crust, and sprinkle with sesame seeds and paprika. Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the crust is brown and the filling is firm.
6. Allow the quiche to cool about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.