Total Calories: 335
Yield: 12 patties
1. Place the flowerets on a steamer basket that is set in a pot over an inch or so of water. Bring the water to a boil, cover the pot, and steam for about 10 minutes or until very tender.
2. Transfer the cooked cauliflower to a mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher. (There should be about 21/2 cups mashed.)
3. Add 11/2 cups of the bread crumbs, the cashew butter, scallions, salt, and pepper. Mix well, using your hands if necessary. Continue adding enough bread crumbs to form a soft mixture that holds together.
4. To form the croquettes, shape the mixture into ping-pong size balls and flatten into patties with your hands. Coat both sides with bread crumbs.
5. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook until brown on both sides. Serve immediately.
For a Change . . .
* Far added crunch, use bread crumbs that are made from a loaf that contains seeds like sunflower or sesame.
* To cook the cauliflower even more quickly, use a pressure cooker. Quickly bring the pressure up to high, then place the cooker under cold running water to bring the pressure down.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.