1. Preheat the oven to 500°F.
2. Place the endive halves cut side up in a shallow baking dish. Add about 1/4-inch water and cover the dish with foil.
3. Place in the oven and bake about 5 minutes or until tender. Remove the foil and broil 3 to 4 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned.
4. Enjoy the endives plain, simply seasoned with a little sea salt and pepper, or topped with your favorite dressing.
For a Change . . .
* Saute the endives. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add the endive halves cut side down, and cook 3 minutes or until browned on the bottom. Turn over and cook another 2 minutes or until tender. Serve cut side up with a drizzle of your favorite vinaigrette and a sprinkle of minced parsley or chives.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.