Total Calories: 93
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Oil a baking sheet and set aside.
2. Slice the tofu into 8 slices about 1/2-inch thick. Into the side of each slice, cut a slit that is deep enough to hold a bay leaf. Being careful not to break the tofu, insert a bay leaf into each slit. Place the slices on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Combine the tamari and liquid smoke in a small bowl. Lightly brush a bit of this mixture over the top of each tofu slice, then place in the oven. While the tofu is baking, add the marmalade to the remaining tamari mixture, stir well, and set aside.
4. After the tofu has baked for 20 minutes, turn the slices over and brush with some of the tamari mixture. Continue to bake another 10 minutes.
5. Add the water to the remaining tamari mixture, stir well, and place in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Transfer the baked tofu to the skillet and simmer 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Serve immediately with leftover marinade.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.