This is a great omelet to have for breakfast, lunch or dinner. One of my favorites.Yield: Makes 2 omelets
|1||avocado, pitted and sliced|
|1/2 cup||diced tomato|
|1/4 cup||diced green onions|
|1/2 cup||shredded Cheddar cheese (can also use swiss or jack)|
|pepper to taste|
1. Grease a large skillet with cooking spray, butter or oil and heat it over medium heat.
2. Add eggs, salt, and pepper to a medium bowl. Stir together gently, don't beat.
3. Dice the tomatoes and onions and slice the avocado; set aside.
4. Pour ½ of the egg batter into the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes (turn over a little to peak underneath – it should be firm but not browned. It is okay to let some of the uncooked egg flow underneath to cook.
5. Once ready, flip over.
6, Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese, pepper, tomatoes and green onions over the omelet.
7. Add a few slices of the avocado.
8. After a few minutes of cooking, flip half of the omelet over onto itself and transfer to a plate. Top with extra cheese, tomatoes, onion and avocado slices for a finished look!
9. Repeat with the other 1/2 of the egg to make the second omelet.
Revised from Source: https://www.mysanfranciscokitchen.com/the-california-omelet/