Download this recipe.
4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
1 (14-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 large eggs
1 cup small curd creamed cottage cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
1. Heat oven to 375°. Grease pie plate, 10 x 1 1/2 inches. Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
2. While spaghetti is cooking, cook beef, bell pepper and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened.
3. Drain spaghetti. Place spaghetti in pie plate; gently press on bottom and 1 inch up side of pie plate.
4. Mix eggs and cottage cheese; spread evenly over spaghetti. Spoon beef mixture over cottage cheese mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
From "Betty Crocker's Complete Cookbook, Everything You Need to Know to Cook Today, 9th Edition." Text Copyright 2000 General Mills, Inc. Used with permission of the publisher, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.