None of that Sissy Crap
As many of you know, I ruptured my Achilles Tendon while playing basketball. It snapped like a rubber band. I had surgery to repair it last Friday. In addition to hundreds of "get well soon" messages (which I REALLY appreciated), I received the following message from Frann Bedinghaus which really cracked me up!
Are you tired of those sissy "friendship" poems that always sound good,
But never actually come close to reality?
Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.
You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card-
Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.
- When you are sad -- I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry jerk who made you sad.
- When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
- When you smile -- I will know you finally got kissed.
- When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.
- When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.
- When you are confused -- I will use little words.
- When you are sick -- Stay the heck away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
- When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy butt.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.