1. Place the pecans in a food processor and finely grind.
2. Place the butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until well blended. Add the pecans and stir well.
3. Add the flour half-cup at a time, and stir to form a somewhat firm, pasty dough.
4. With your hands, roll the dough into balls that are slightly smaller than golf balls. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving an inch or so of space between them.
5. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 25 minutes, or until light brown. Cool the cookies about 10 minutes or until warm, then roll them in powdered sugar until completely coated.
For best results YOU MUST USE SOFTENED BUTTER! Do not use melted butter, hard butter, or margarine. To soften butter, place it unwrapped on a plate at room temperature for at least four hours. It should be very soft but still maintain its shape.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.