1. Brown the ground beef and sausage in a large pot over medium heat. As the meat browns, break it into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Drain off the excess fat.
2. Add the remaining sauce ingredients to the pot and stir until thoroughly mixed.
3. Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer covered for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally as it cooks.
4. While the sauce simmers, place the ricotta and Parmesan in a bowl and stir until well blended.
5. Partially cook the noodles for 8 or 9 minutes, or until slightly firmer than al dente. Drain, run under cold water to stop the cooking process, and drain again.
6. Spoon a third of the sauce on the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan and follow with a layer of noodles. (If the noodles are wet, pat them dry with paper towels before placing them in the pan.)
7. Top the layer of noodles with half the filling.
8. Cover the filling with half the mozzarella slices.
9. Repeat the layering, ending with a layer of noodles. Top with the remaining sauce and the shredded mozzarella. Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 45 minutes.
10. After removing the lasagna from the oven, let it sit about 10 minutes. This will help it set, making it easier to cut into squares and serve.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.