Total Calories: 395
Yield: 9 inch pie crust
1. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir with a fork or wooden spoon until it forms a crumbly mixture. Form the dough into a ball.
2. Place the ball on a lightly floured cutting board and flatten it with your hand to a 1/2 inch circle. With a floured rolling pin, roll out the dough (from the center outward) to 1?8 inch thickness.
3. Place the pie pan face down on top of the dough. Cut out a circle of dough that is 2 inches wider than the pan.
4. Carefully lift the dough (use a spatula if necessary) and place it in the pie pan. Gently press the dough against the sides of the pan. Trim off the excess with a knife.
5. Gather up the dough trimmings and form into a ball. Repeat Step 2, then cut the dough into 1/2 inch wide strips.
6. Lay the strips across the top of the filled pie in a criss-cross lattice pattern or a sunburst pattern (above). Press the strips against the edge of the crust to seal them.
* In Step 1, if the flour mixture is too dry to form into a ball, add a little more water 1 drop at a time. Just be careful not to add too much water.
* Sprinkling a little flour on the cutting board and rolling pin will help prevent the dough from sticking.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.