1. Place 1 cup of the sugar in a small pan over medium heat. When it begins to liquify, shake the pan often until the sugar is fully melted and beginning to caramelize (turn brown).
2. Immediately pour equal amounts of the caramelized sugar into six individual ovenproof custard cups. Cool for 10 minutes.
3. Place all of the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend for 2 minutes.
4. Pour equal amounts of the mixture in the cups over the cooled sugar mixture. Carefully place the cups in a baking pan.
5. Transfer the pan to a preheated 350°F oven and bake 45 minutes, or until the center of the custards are firm. Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve chilled.
* Use a rubber spatula to transfer the melted sugar from the pan to the custard cups.
* After enjoying this custard, some of the sugar may stick to the cups and be difficult to clean. Simply let the cups run under very hot water, or fill them with boiling water and let sit a few minutes.
* To prevent the sugar from re-crystallizing as it melts (in Step 1), it is best to shake it in the pan, rather than stir it with a spoon.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.