1. Melt the chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat and let the chocolate cool until warm—not hot.
2. Place the cream and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand-held mixer about 3 minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
3. Spoon the cooled chocolate over the whipped cream and fold together gently until well blended. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. (At this point, you have chocolate mousse.)
4. Remove the pastry shells from the package and place on a cookie sheet with the “top” side facing up. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Remove the top of the shells and remove the soft interior with a fork. Fill the cups generously with the chocolate mousse and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
Be sure to fold the cream and melted chocolate together gently (so it is as light as possible). Stop folding as soon as the mixture is uniform in color.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.