1. Place the almonds in a food processor and finely grind.
2. Melt the butter and the chocolate in a pan over medium heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool at least 5 minutes until warm.
3. Separate the eggs into two large bowls. Stir the yolks, then add the warm chocolate, sugar, flour, salt, and almonds. Stir until the mixture is smooth and well blended. 4. Beat the egg whites with an electric hand? held mixer for about 5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
5. Spoon the egg whites over the chocolate mixture and gently fold until well blended and uniform in color.
6. Line a 9 inch square disposable aluminum pan with wax paper, coat liberally with cooking spray, then add the batter. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool about 5 minutes.
7. With your hands, gently separate the flexible sides of the pan from the cake. Place a large plate on top, then flip the pan over. The cake should fall out easily. Let cool.
8. Serve the cake as is or sprinkled with powdered sugar.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.