Total Calories: 169
Yield: 12 inch round
1. Oil a 12-inch-round pizza pan (or 10-x-15-inch baking sheet) and sprinkle with cornmeal.
2. Place the water, oil, yeast, Sucanat, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Stir and let sit a few minutes until the yeast dissolves.
3. Add the vital wheat gluten and 1 cup of the flour to the yeast mixture and stir with a wooden spoon. Turn it onto a floured surface and knead in the remaining flour to form a soft, slightly sticky dough. Knead for 5 minutes, shape into a ball, and let rest for 5 minutes.
4. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet and press it over the surface with your hands. Flatten it further with a rolling pin.
5. The dough is now ready for the desired topping and to be baked according to the recipe.
FOR A THICK PIZZA CRUST . . .
Use the dough for Rosemary and Garlic Focaccia.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.