Total Calories: 35
Yield: 1 3/4 cups
1. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until it is lightly browned and gives off a nutty aroma.
2. Remove the pan from the heat, add the tahini, and stir well. Add a small amount of water and stir vigorously to form a paste.
3. Return the pan to the heat and slowly add the remaining water. Stirring continuously, cook the sauce until rich and creamy.
4. Remove from the heat, add the miso and pepper, and mix well.
5. Use immediately or refrigerate in a covered container up to four days. If you reheat the sauce, be careful not to boil it or the miso’s beneficial properties will be destroyed.
For a Change . . .
* Saute 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion in the oil (in Step 1) before adding the flour.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.