Total Calories: 235
1. Place the rice in an unoiled skillet or pot over medium-high heat. Stir constantly until it dries, begins to turn brown, and gives off a nutty aroma.
2. Transfer the rice to a blender and grind it to a coarse flour.
3. Place the ground rice, water, and raisins (if using) in a medium pot over high heat. Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
4. Serve immediately.
For a Change . . .
* For Millet Cream, substitute millet for the brown rice, and use dried apricots or shredded coconut instead of raisins.
* For Sesame Cream, add 2 tablespoons sesame seeds to the rice as you are toasting it in Step 1.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.