Total Calories: 87
Yield: 4 cups
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic, and cloves (if using), and sauté about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
2. Add the tomatoes and basil to the skillet and continue simmering another 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomato paste, mix well, and return the sauce to a simmer.
4. Use immediately or refrigerate in a covered container up to three days.
For a Change . . .
* Add some vegetables to the onions and garlic in Step 1. Mushrooms, celery, bell peppers, carrots, and summer squash are all good choices. You may need to add another tablespoon of oil for this.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.