Total Calories: 167
Yield: 9 inch crust
1. Place the whole wheat flour, oat flour, and pecans in a food processor, and blend until the nuts are finely ground. Slowly add the oil, while continuing to blend.
2. Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch pie pan. Gradually mix in enough water with a fork to make a dough that holds together.
3. Using your hands, press the dough evenly against the sides and the bottom of the pan.
4. Fill and bake according to the recipe directions.*
* If prebaking this crust without filling, after placing the dough in the pan, generously poke holes in it with a fork. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
For a Change . . .
* For a wheat-free crust, delete the whole wheat pastry flour and increase the oat flour to 1 1/2 cups.
* For a flavorful change, add 2 teaspoons cinnamon to the dough.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.