Total Calories: 8
Yield: 1 cup
1. Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and stir to dissolve the arrowroot. (Be sure the water is cold or at room temperature, or the arrowroot won’t dissolve well.)
2. Place the pan over medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly. Cook while stirring for 1 to 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
3. Use immediately.
For a Change . . .
* For a Sweet and Sour version of this sauce, add 1 1/2 tablespoons rice syrup and 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons rice or cider vinegar.
* For a Light Mushroom version, add 1 cup sliced mushrooms.
* For a Ginger Sauce, add 2 tablespoons grated ginger or 1 tablespoon ginger juice.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.