Total Calories: 144
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy kettle over medium heat. Add the onion and bay leaves, and sauté about 10 minutes or until the onion is almost tender. Add the garlic and the cumin, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes more.
2. Add the lentils, water, and vinegar to the kettle. Increase the heat to high, then cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 45 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
3. Add the tamari, and continue to simmer about 20 minutes or until the soup is rich and thick.
4. Stir in the cayenne pepper before serving.
For a Change . . .
* For a super-garlicky version, press a raw garlic clove into the cooked soup before serving.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.