Total Calories: 245
*Basmati or jasmine are recommended.
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy kettle over low heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bay leaves, and slowly sauté at least 30 minutes or until the onions are brown and caramelized.
2. Add the collard greens to the kettle, increase the heat to high, and stir until wilted. Add all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until the collards are tender.
3. Remove and discard the bay leaves and rosemary sprigs before serving.
For a Change . . .
* For an exotic twist, omit the rosemary and bay leaves and use 3 fresh kefir lime leaves instead. Crush the leaves in your hand before adding.
* Instead of rice, try this soup with Tofu Dumplings
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.