Total Calories: 204
Yield: 6 cups
1. Cut the tomatoes into large chunks and puree in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large heavy kettle over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Add the zucchini, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 3 minutes or until the zucchini begins to get tender.
3. Add the mushrooms, basil, oregano, bay leaves, and cloves to the kettle. Continue to cook another few minutes or until the mushrooms are soft.
4. Add the pureed tomatoes and tamari to the kettle along with the peas. Increase the heat a bit and bring the sauce to a boil, stirring often. Add the tomato paste and black pepper and mix well. (For a thicker sauce, add additional tomato paste.)
5. Use immediately or refrigerate in a covered container up to three days.
For a Change . . .
* Instead of (or in addition to) the zucchini and mushrooms, try some broccoli flowerets, carrot matchsticks, or diced bell peppers.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.