Total Calories: 884
Yield: 12 cups
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place all the ingredients except the dried fruit in a large bowl and mix well. (I usually mix with my hands.)
3. Spread the mixture in a thin 1/2-inch layer on an unoiled baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown. As it bakes, stir occasionally to ensure even browning.
4. Remove from the oven, add the dried fruit, and mix well. Cool completely before placing in an airtight glass jar and storing in the refrigerator, where it will keep about one month. In the freezer, it will keep up to six months.
For a Change . . .
* Instead of coconut, use 2 to 3 cups of another nut, such as chopped cashews, walnuts, and/or pecans.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.