Total Calories: 267
1. Place the mushrooms in a medium bowl, cover with the hot water, and let soak 20 minutes. While the mushrooms soak, steam the kale until tender. (It must be tender, not crisp.)
2. Reserving the liquid, drain the soaked mushrooms through a fine strainer or filter, a triple layer of cheesecloth, or a clean dishtowel. Transfer to a colander, rinse briefly, and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and bay leaves, and saute about 10 minutes or until the onions are soft. Add the mushrooms and tarragon, and continue to saute for 5 minutes.
4. Add the reserved soaking liquid (from the mushrooms) to the skillet along with the wine, tamari, and balsamic vinegar. Stir well, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked.
5. Place the kudzu in a cup or small bowl, add 2 tablespoons cool water, and stir to dissolve. Add to the skillet and stir well with the simmering mushrooms. Increase the heat and bring the mixture to a boil while stirring. It should thicken as soon as it boils. Season with pepper, remove from the heat, and set aside.
6. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander.
7. Place the pasta on individual serving plates. Top with the kale, spoon the mushroom sauce on top, and garnish with the cherry tomatoes. Serve immediately.
For a Change . . .
* Substitute mustard greens, dandelion greens, or Swiss chard for the kale.
* Instead of steaming the kale, use a pressure cooker, which will cook it more quickly.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.