Total Calories: 3,629
Yield: 1 medium loaf
1. Begin preparing the dough. When it has doubled in bulk after the first rising, punch it down. Add the raisins and knead them into the dough. Cover with a damp dishtowel and let rest for 10 minutes.
2. Generously oil and flour an 8.5-x-4.5-inch bread pan. Flatten the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick rectangle that is a little longer than the bread pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
3. Starting with the short side of the rectangle, roll up the dough very tightly like a jelly roll. Pinch the ends together to form a seam. Turn the dough over so the seam is on the bottom, then pinch the ends and tuck underneath.
4. Place the loaf in the prepared bread pan. Cover and let rise about 30 minutes.
5. Place the pan on the middle rack of a 350°F oven. Bake 45 minutes or until the loaf is brown and hollow-sounding when rapped on the bottom with your knuckle. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.