Total Calories: 132
* Use jarred chestnuts. Dried chestnuts are too hard and take longer to cook.
1. Place the porcini in a bowl, cover with the hot water, and let soak about 30 minutes.
2. While the mushrooms are soaking, place the potatoes, chestnuts, and water in a large heavy kettle over high heat. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes and chestnuts are soft.
3. While the chestnuts and potatoes are cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onions and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and saute a few minutes more.
4. Drain the soaked mushrooms (I use a paper coffee filter), reserving the soaking water. Rinse the mushrooms and coarsely chop. Add them to the skillet, saute 1 or 2 minutes, then add the reserved soaking water. Cover and simmer another 5 minutes.
5. Place the cooked potato-chestnut mixture in a blender and puree. Return it to the kettle along with the sautéed onion-mushroom mixture.
6. Stir the tamari, thyme, and pepper into the soup. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.