Total Calories: 64
Yield: 1 sandwich
1. Place the apple and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until the apple is soft.
2. Heat the pita in a dry skillet for a minute or so on each side. Spread the nut butter on one side of the warm pita. Top with the banana slices. Remove the stewed apples from the pan with a slotted spoon and place over the banana slices.
3. Roll up and enjoy immediately. To eat later, “wrap the wrap” in waxed paper, twist the ends of the paper to hold the sandwich together, and refrigerate.
For a Change . . .
* Substitute cooked ripe plantain for the banana.
* For added sweetness, cook a small handful of raisins with the apple, or sprinkle some chopped dates over the nut butter.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.