Total Calories: 663
Yield: 2 medium loaves
1. Place the yeast, 1/2 cup warm water, and a drop of the sweetener in a small bowl. Stir and let sit a few minutes until the yeast dissolves.
2. In a large bowl, add the maple syrup, oil, sea salt, 2 cups warm water, and the dissolved yeast. Stir well. Add the vital wheat gluten and about 2 cups of flour to the bowl and beat with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Continue adding more flour a little at a time until the dough becomes too stiff to stir and begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
3. Turn out the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead for at least 10 minutes or until soft and elastic.
4. Transfer the kneaded dough to a large, oiled bowl, then turn it over so the top is coated with oil. Cover the bowl with a clean damp cloth and place in a warm spot for about an hour or until the dough doubles in bulk.
5. Punch down the risen dough, then fold it over and press out any air bubbles.
6. Cut the dough in half, shape each half into a loaf, then place the loaves in two well-oiled and floured 8.5-x-4.5-inch bread pans. Lightly cover the pans and let the loaves rise again about 45 minutes or until doubled.
7. Place the pans on the middle rack of a 350°F oven, and bake for 45 minutes or until the tops are brown and hollow-sounding when rapped on the bottom with your knuckle. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.