Total Calories: 25
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Wash the eggplant, pierce it all over with a fork, and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 1 hour or until very soft.
3. When the eggplant is cool enough to handle, cut it in half lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh into a medium bowl. Discard the skin.
4. Using a fork, mash the eggplant to a thick, chunky paste. Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and olive oil, and mix well.
5. Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl, sprinkle with parsley and paprika, and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers in a covered container up to three days.
For a Change . . .
* For an authentic version of baba ganoush, cook the eggplant on an outdoor grill over medium heat. Turn it often until charred on the outside and soft on the inside.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.