Total Calories: 468
Yield: 10-12 Muffins
1. To prepare the glaze topping, combine the water and cornstarch in a small saucepan and stir to dissolve any lumps. Add the plum preserves and stir the mixture over medium-high heat about 3 minutes, or until it thickens. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3. Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Whisk the wet ingredients in a medium bowl or blend in a food processor. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir just until mixed. Do not overstir.
5. Spoon the batter into a greased or papered muffin tin. Fill each cup nearly to the top.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Cool the muffins 10 minutes.
8. Spoon a teaspoon of the glaze evenly over the top of each muffin. Sprinkle with a large pinch of pearl sugar. The topping will harden a little as it continues to cool. Cool the muffins another 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.