Total Calories: 517
Yield: 12 Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. To prepare the goodie mixture, grind the sunflower, caraway, sesame, and poppy seeds in a food processor (you can also use a hand-operated mill or a mortar and pestle). Add the remaining goodie ingredients and pulse a few more times. Reserve 1/4cup of this mixture to top the muffins (see Step5). Add the remaining mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Whisk the wet ingredients in a medium bowl or blend in a food processor. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir just until mixed. Do not overstir.
5. Spoon the batter into a greased or papered muffin tin. Fill each cup nearly to the top. Top each cup of batter with a large pinch of the reserved goodie mixture, taking care to sprinkle it evenly over each cup. Too much topping piled high in the middle will prevent the muffins from rising properly.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Cool the muffins at least 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.