Total Calories: 871
Yield: 12-14 Muffins
1. To prepare the topping, blend the margarine, apple juice concentrate, brown sugar, cornstarch, and egg in a food processor. Transfer the mixture to a small saucepan, place over medium heat, and stir until it thickens to a gravy-like consistency. Remove from the heat, add the pecans and vanilla, and stir to combine. Cool to room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Sift all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the goodies and toss to coat.
4. Whisk the wet ingredients in a medium bowl or blend in a food processor. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir just until mixed. Do not overstir.
5. Spoon the batter into a greased or papered muffin tin. Fill each cup only about 2 /3 full. Add the topping, taking care to spread it evenly over each cup. Too much topping piled high in the middle will prevent the muffins from rising properly.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Cool the muffins at least 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.