Total Calories: 377
Yield: 10-12 Muffins
1. To prepare the goodie mixture, bring the water to a boil. Add the barley, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until the barley is soft (it should measure 1 cup). Transfer the barley to a medium bowl and add the remaining goodie ingredients. Stir to combine, and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Sift together all the dry ingredients, except the nutritional yeast, in a large bowl. Then add the nutritional yeast and stir to combine.
4. Whisk the wet ingredients in a medium bowl or blend in a food processor. Add the wet ingredients to the goodie mixture and combine.
5. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir just until mixed. Do not overstir.
6. Spoon the batter into a greased or papered muffin tin. Fill each cup nearly to the top.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Cool the muffins at least 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.