Total Calories: 375
1. Pick through the lentils to remove any dirt, stones, or damaged legumes, then wash and drain. Place in a large pot with the water, and cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
2. While the lentils are cooking, mix together the rice, oat flakes, carrot, scallions, bread crumbs, egg, tamari, garlic, and sage in a large bowl.
3. Add the cooked lentils to the rice-oat mixture and mix well.
4. Oil a 4-x-8-x-2-inch loaf pan and sprinkle the sides and bottom with oat flakes to keep the loaf from sticking. Pack the loaf mixture into the pan and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 40 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let stand 5–10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the loaf and remove it from the pan onto a serving platter. Serve with a green salad.
*To make bread crumbs, tear a slice of whole-grain bread into pieces, place in a blender or food processor, and process into fine crumbs. Freeze any leftover crumbs.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.