Total Calories: 257
1. To make the polenta, combine the cornmeal, water, and salt in a heavy, medium-sized saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring often, for about 20 minutes, or until the polenta becomes very thick. If the mixture starts to splatter when it begins to boil, cover the pan for 3–4 minutes, then remove the lid, stir, and continue to cook, uncovered, over low heat.
2. While the polenta is cooking, preheat the broiler. Place the oil in a cup or small bowl and brush some over the tops of the mushrooms. Place the mushrooms cap side down on a cookie sheet.
3. Add the garlic, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the remaining oil, stir, and brush over the stem sides of the mushrooms. Place the mushrooms on the top rack of the oven, and broil for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to 475°F and move the mushrooms to the bottom rack for 5 minutes more, or until they are cooked through.
4. Fill the mushroom caps with polenta, sprinkle with cheese, and place under the broiler for 3 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
5. To serve, center each mushroom on individual plates, and garnish with parsley.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.