Total Calories: 127
1. Slice the tofu into small rectangles or cubes and arrange in a single layer in a shallow dish.
2. Combine the tamari, ginger, oil, and garlic in a cup or small bowl. Add enough water to just cover and stir to mix. Pour over the tofu and let marinate at least 30 minutes. The longer it marinates, the better. You can also place the tofu in the refrigerator and marinate for several hours or overnight.
3. Reserving the liquid, remove the tofu and place on a well-oiled cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 35–40 minutes, or until the desired crispness is reached. The longer the tofu bakes, the firmer and crispier it will become. However, if it bakes too long, it will become tough.
4. To make the sauce, mix the arrowroot into the reserved marinade. Place in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, add the tofu, and stir carefully to coat.
5. Serve over a bed of rice or pasta, accompanied by steamed or stir-fried vegetables. You can also add this tofu to another recipe, such as a vegetable stew.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.