Tony's Manicotti with Four Cheeses
Download this recipe.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
1 onion, large, minced
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup flour
4 cups milk
1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
12 manicotti shells
1 pound ricotta cheese
4 ounces mozzarella cheese diced
1/2 cup romano cheese grated
1/4 cup walnuts finely chopped
1/4 cup parsley chopped
1 dash nutmeg
1. Saute onion and mushrooms in butter 5 minutes; stir in flour.
2. Gradually stir in milk; stir over low heat until sauce bubbles and thickens.
3. Stir in 1 cup Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
4. Cook manicotti shells according to package directions; drain and cover with cold water.
5. Mix together ricotta, mozzarella, Romano and remaining Parmesan cheese; add walnuts, parsley and eggs.
6. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
7. Drain manicotti shells; stuff with cheese mixture.
8. Place shells side by side in a greased shallow baking pan; spoon sauce over all.
9. Bake in preheated 400'F. oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly and golden.
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.