Grilled Caesar Chicken and Vegetables with Pasta
Download this recipe.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
3 to 3 1/2 pounds cut-up broiler-fryer chicken
2/3 cup Caesar dressing
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
3 cups uncooked rotelle pasta (8 ounces)
Salt or pepper to taste
1. Place chicken in resealable plastic food-storage bag or shallow glass or plastic dish. Pour 1/3 cup of the dressing over chicken; turn chicken to coat with dressing. Seal bag or cover dish and refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 24 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
2. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
3. Remove chicken from dressing; reserve dressing. Cover and grill chicken, skin sides up, 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 15 to 20 minutes. Turn chicken. Cover and grill 20 to 40 minutes longer, turning and brushing 2 or 3 times with dressing, until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. While chicken is grilling, continue with step 4.
4. Thread bell pepper, zucchini and onion alternately on each of four 10-inch metal skewers, leaving 1/4-inch space between each piece. Brush with remaining 1/3 cup dressing. Cover and grill vegetables 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning and brushing twice with dressing, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Discard any remaining dressing. While chicken and vegetables are grilling, continue with step 5.
5. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Remove vegetables from skewers. Toss vegetables and pasta, adding additional dressing if desired. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve with chicken.
From "Betty Crocker's Complete Cookbook, Everything You Need to Know to Cook Today, 9th Edition." Text Copyright 2000 General Mills, Inc. Used with permission of the publisher, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.