Download this recipe.
1 1/4 cups gingersnaps cookie crumbs (about twenty 2-inch cookies)
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkins
2 tablespoons sugar
12 walnuts halves
3/4 cup chilled whipped cream
1. Heat oven to 350°.
2. Mix cookie crumbs and margarine. Press evenly on bottom of spring form pan, 9 x 3 inches. Bake 10 minutes; cool.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
4. Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, the cinnamon, ginger and cloves in 4-quart bowl on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Add pumpkin. Beat in eggs, one at a time on low speed. Pour over crumb mixture.
5. Bake until center is firm, about 1 1/4 hours. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours but no longer than 48 hours.
6. Cook and stir 2 tablespoons sugar and the walnuts over medium heat until sugar is melted and nuts are coated. Immediately spread on a dinner plate or aluminum foil; cool. Carefully break nuts apart to separate if necessary. Cover tightly and store at room temperature up to 3 days.
7. Loosen cheesecake from side of pan; remove side of pan. Beat whipping cream in chilled 1 1/2-quart bowl until stiff. Pipe whipped cream around edge of cheesecake; arrange walnuts on top. Refrigerate any remaining cheesecake immediately.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.