Crsipy Oven-Fried Chicken
Download this recipe.
1 broiler-fryer chicken (about 3 lb.), cut up
1/2 cup butter
2 cups finely crushed pork rind
1/4 cup almond flour
1 1/4 teaspoons onion salt
1 teaspoon sage ground or poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Rinse and pat chicken pieces dry, removing any excess fat.
2. Melt butter in a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pan in oven, about 5 minutes (watch carefully, do not burn). Remove pan from oven.
3. Meanwhile, in a small reclosable plastic bag, finely crushed pork rinds (you will need about 1/2 cup crumbs). Add flour, onion salt, sage or poultry seasoning, and pepper. Mix until blended. Place pork rind mixture in a pie plate or on a piece of waxed paper.
4. Roll chicken pieces in melted butter, then in pork rind mixture, coating well. Place in jelly roll pan (do not crowd pieces). Sprinkle extra pork rind mixture over top.
5. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink when cut along bone and juices run clear.
Note: A 14-inch pizza pan with a rim can be substituted for the jelly roll pan. Reduce butter to 1/3 cup.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.