Reviewing Now = Greater Success Later
A Focus On The Family
by Patty Liston
Congratulations! You’ve made it through Thanksgiving! Dirty dishes are back in cupboards, the spilled gravy did come out of your heirloom tablecloth, and the cheering and yelling for favorite football teams scrambling on the TV has long been replaced by the day-after-Thanksgiving-just-let-me-sleep-on-the-couch, snoring.
This is a perfect time for you to take stock of what may need a little “tweaking” before doing everything all over again approximately 30 days from now. We all know that Thanksgiving is just the dress rehearsal for Christmas, so let’s take inventory by asking some essential questions.
- Were there enough dishes, glasses, silverware, goblets for all of your guests? If not, there is time to stock up on whatever may be needed.
- Are your linens clean, pressed and ready to be used again?
- Did you have enough chairs for everyone to sit comfortably?
- Will you need to clean your candle sticks and replace them with fresh candles?
- Plan your menu. Do you have all of the pots, pans, bowls, and platters you will need to cook and serve with?
- Will your guest list be the same, or will you be entertaining different people? If they are different, are there any food restrictions that you need to be aware of ?
- Did you have appropriate seating for children?
- Ask yourself what went well at Thanksgiving and “Why”?
By taking a few minutes to review the activities of this past holiday, you will be better prepared to make your Christmas dinner even more successful.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.