Fish with Pear Jardinière
Download this recipe.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced, peeled onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced, peeled carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 pears, cored sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds bass fillets
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet. Add onion and carrots; stir to mix well. Cover and cook slowly 10 minutes.
Mix together dry mustard, basil and dill weed. Toss with pears. Stir into onion mixture. Add bass, tomatoes and lemon. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve hot.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.