Mini Pizza Bites
These are really easy and the kids love them. Serve alongside a crispy salad for a main dish meal, or they are great appetizers.Yield: 3 per person, or 12 appetizers
|1 1/2 cups||marinara sauce|
|1/3 cup||Parmesan cheese|
|1 teaspoon||red pepper flakes|
|8 ounces||shredded mozzarella|
|4||8-inch flour tortillas or 6-6" corn tortillas|
1. Preheat oven to 425F/218 C.
2. Lightly oil a 12-cup muffin tin or coat with nonstick spray.
3. Lay tortilla on a flat surface. Using an empty can, cut 3-4 medium circles, pressing firmly enough in a rocking motion to cut through the tortilla.
4. Fit tortilla circle into each of 12 muffin tins
5. Scoop 1 tablespoon pizza sauce into each muffin tin.
6. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese
7. Top with mini pepperonis
8. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
9. Serve immediately.