Download this recipe.
Lots of requests come in for this recipe and we know why! You, too, will be on cloud nine after one bite of this sweet very-berry pie. The juicy cherries and fresh fruit sit on a cloud of marshmallow and whipped cream, making this dessert irresistibly good.
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups whipped cream (heavy)
2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 cups sliced strawberries (1 pint) or 1 package (1 ounces) frozen strawberries, thawed
1 cup fresh frozen sliced peaches, thawed
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup margarine or butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Prepare and bake Pastry Crust.
2. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat whipping cream in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Fold whipped cream and marshmallows into cream cheese mixture; spread over crust.
3. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 48 hours.
4. Mix pie filling, lemon juice, strawberries and peaches. Cut dessert into serving pieces; serve with fruit mixture. Cover and refrigerate any remaining dessert.
For Pastry Crust
1. Heat oven to 400°.
2. Beat all ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed about 2 minutes or until creamy.
3. Spread in ungreased rectangular pan, 13 x 9 x 2 inches. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely. (For quick cooling, place in freezer 10 to 15 minutes.)
From "Betty Crocker's Best-Loved Recipes." Text Copyright 1998 General Mills. Used with permission of the publisher, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.