Cook'n Upgrade Ideas
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
Thank you so much for the demo! We downloaded it and my wife loves it. I purchased the 4 cookbook package at Fry's and she has been enjoying entering recipes all week. I have been a programmer for the past 15 years. Please pass along my congratulations to the "boss;" VERY well done!
Since it was obvious that you regularly update and improve the program, I asked my wife to make a list of the things she ran across that frustrated her or that she didn't know how to do. I figured I could pass them along as a "wish list" for possible future upgrades.
Here is what she has come across so far. If there are solutions for any of these, please pass them along.
1) It would be nice if there were a way to write something like '350 degrees' with the degree symbol but we couldn't find a way to do that.
2) It would be nice if there were an automatic spell checker or a button to check everything after she enters a recipe.
3) In the serving sizes, it would be nice to accomodate 'approximating' such as 4-6 servings. Currently, you can only choose 4 or 6.
4) Also in the serving sizes, it would be helpful to be able to include words, in cases like 'makes 36 cookies' or '2 loaves of bread' as it always isn't servings.
5) When adding a recipe, it would be helpful if the book and chapter where you are entering was shown at the top so you know you are in the right place.
6) When adding ingredients, the program autofills. For example, when trying to add 'white grape juice' the program autofilled 'non-alcoholic sparkling white grape juice.' It was difficult to just get what she wanted.
7) Also when autofilling, it would be better if the autofill didn't cover the typing area as it is difficult to know where you are in typing.
8) It would be nice if there were a way to make the font size larger. We needed to reduce the screen resolution to 800 x 600 and then resize all the windows to get the type large enough to read easily. However, we normally keep the screen at 1280. It will be a pain to keep changing back and forth.
Please accept these in the helpful spirit we intended, to make an excellent program even better. We love what you've done and are thoroughlyenjoying all that you have thought through.
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.