Bacon Butterscotch Coffee Cake
Original Bisquick mix teams up with bacon and butterscotch flavors for a coffee cake with rich and complex flavors.
- Prep Time 20 min
- Bake Time 25 min
- Total Time 1 hr 30 min
- Servings 8
5 slices bacon, diced
2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 cup butterscotch chips
1/3 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon in skillet until browned and fat is rendered, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon with slotted spoon, and place on paper towel to drain.
- In large bowl, mix 2 cups Bisquick mix, the granulated sugar and baking soda. Add buttermilk and egg, and mix until just combined. Fold in the butterscotch chips and cooked bacon.
- To make Streusel, in small bowl, mix 1/3 cup Bisquick mix and the brown sugar. Cut in cubed butter until roughly the size of small peas.
- Spread batter in cake pan. Sprinkle with streusel. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, 45 to 60 minutes.
- To make Icing, mix powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons milk. Add additional milk if necessary. Drizzle over cooled coffee cake.
· For easier removal from pan after baking, bake coffee cake in springform pan with removable sides.
· For an even more decadent coffee cake, add 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips.
Monthly Newsletter Contributor since 2014
Email the author! email@example.com