1. Chop the zucchini into 1?2 inch pieces.
2. Peel the potato and cut it into 3?4-inch cubes.
3. Dice the carrot into small 1?8 inch cubes.
4. Place all of the ingredients except the pasta and Parmesan in a large pot, stir, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium- low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
5. Remove the cover, increase the heat to medium-high, and bring the soup to a low boil. Add the pasta and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Serve the soup as is or with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
The pasta will absorb a lot of liquid, so have some extra chicken broth on hand in case more is needed. And because much of the liquid can boil off as the soup cooks, keep the pot covered during the first 30 minutes.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.