1. Chop the onion.
2. Dice the carrot into small 1?8 inch cubes.
3. Dice the tomatoes into 3?4 inch cubes.
4. Place all the ingredients in a large pot, stir, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove 2 cups of mostly solids from the soup, place them in a food processor or blender, and purée.
6. Stir the purée back into the pot and simmer another 30 minutes or until the lentils are melt- in-your-mouth soft.
7. Serve as is or topped with a dollop of sour cream.
* Keep the pot covered unless you are stirring the soup.
* After making the purée (Step 5), if the soup is too dry, add more broth, 1/2 cup at a time, until it reaches a soupy consistency.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.