Total Calories: 402
Yield: 11-12 Muffins
1. To prepare the goodie mixture, bring the water to boil in a small saucepan and add the wheat berries. Reduce the heat and simmer about 30 minutes, or until the berries are soft and have the texture of cooked brown rice. Remove from the heat, drain any excess liquid, and set aside to cool. Add the dates and stir to combine. (You can prepare the wheat berries earlier and refrigerate until ready to use.)
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Sift together all the dry ingredients, except the oats, in a bowl. Then add the oats and stir to combine. Add the goodie mixture and toss to coat.
4. Whisk the wet ingredients in a medium bowl or blend in a food processor. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir just until mixed. Do not overstir.
5. Spoon the batter into a greased or papered muffin tin. Fill each cup nearly to the top.
6. To prepare the topping, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Generously spoon about 1 tablespoon of the topping on each cup of batter, taking care to spread it evenly.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. 8. Cool the muffins at least 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.