Total Calories: 512
Yield: 11-12 Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. To prepare the crumble topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the margarine into the mixture to form crumbles. Set aside.
3. Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Whisk the wet ingredients in a medium bowl or blend in a food processor. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir just until mixed. Do not overstir.
5. Spoon the batter into a greased or papered muffin tin. Fill each cup nearly to the top. Top each cup of batter with 2 teaspoons crumble topping, taking care to spread it evenly over each cup. Too much topping piled high in the middle will prevent the muffins from rising properly.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Cool the muffins at least 10 minutes before removing from the tin. When the muffins have cooled to room temperature, squeeze about a tablespoon of jelly into each, using a pastry tube.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.